There is a saying that you are only as good as your equipment and while that is not always true, the world of welding is certainly ruled by premium machines, prep and materials. We sought out the best when it comes to positioners (or rotary turntables as some call them) to deliver a product that we would want to use and had the features that were important. We are please to be working with AC Precision to offer their targeted products that focus specifically on rotary positioning and most importantly are dedicated to making the best in the market and listen to customer feedback.
There are many weld positioners on the market and from a glance they will all LOOK similar, but some of the differences lie in what cannot be seen. When evaluating a new piece of equipment we look at the critical questions:
- Will it help save me time?
- Will I spend more time with setup that the time saved per job?
- Will it improve the overall quality of my finish product?
- How long will it take to pay for itself?
While many cheap positioners have come up in the market from overseas, the duty cycle, current and weight capacity and the overall longevity mean that they will not stand the test of time. AC Precision delivers a compelling product that is built to last for many years to come. The payback period will vary depending on your end work, but typically based on a typical labor rate, a positioner can pay for itself in the first month easily and the impact on the finished product is tremendous.
The WP12 has a 2" pass-through, the WP25 has a larger 2.5" pass through the table to support back purge or stub welding projects that have a large back axial feature, stub axles for example or long tube ends for drag links.
- Double Sealed Main Ball Bearings
- Motor Forward/Reverse Switch
- Standard 10″ Slotted Steel Mounting Plate
- Optional 8 inch, 3-jaw standard chuck w/mounting plate
- Includes On/Off Foot Pedal
- Optional SSC controls variable speed foot pedal
- Optional Speed chuck allows opening and closing with the wheel as well as serving as a positioning rest.
- CNC machined 1/4″ steel plate welded construction – aligns the precision secondary gearing for long service.
- Totally (360-degree) enclosed precision secondary gearing – keeps grinding dust, weld spatter and fingers out of the pinch points.
- Twin – not one but TWO – precision SEALED ball bearings that distribute the load and still deliver smooth rotation.
- Twin SEALED ball bearings that distribute the load and still deliver smooth rotation.
- Dual 300 AMP “Constant Current Contact” spring-loaded brass ground connection that follows the backside of the table, keeping the welding current out of the twin ball bearing.
- Precision machined steel secondary gearing – no exposed belts or chains.
- Powder-coated for increased corrosion resistance.
Available with a fitted aluminum argon purge adapter and a guarded foot pedal as an option.
Forward, Reverse toggle on Control
Speed Range Model #WP-25, 0-10 RPM 80 lbs./inch torque
- 175lbs balanced/centered vertically
- 75lbs balanced at 45 degrees
- 50lbs balanced at 90 degrees, 2″ from faceplate
Table: 10″ diameter with 3/8″ slots, 5/16″ thick, steel
Table Tilt: 0-90 degree pivot design w/screw adjustment
Motor: 90 volt PM DC motor 1/8 HP Leeson Electric, USA
Control: SCR High-Frequency tolerant control
Power-on light, fused
Ground Current: 300 Amps DC table contact @ 75% Duty Cycle
Required Power: 115 Volt AC Power
Shipping Weight Approximately 150 lbs. Ships LTL truck Price includes freight to all lower 48 states. For custom options contact us to quote.
AC PRECISION PREMIUM ROTARY WELD POSITIONER
- Brand: AC PRECISION
- Product Code: AC-PRECISION-WP
- Availability: MTO 2 Week Build Time
Tags: AC, precision, positioner, welding, rotary, turntable, weld, porn, quality, usa, made, in, longest, lasting, highest, quality, variable, speed, pass, through, chuck, 10in, 10, 300a, amps, 300, tilt, wp12, wp25, wp-25-sc, TIG, WELDING, cobra, turn, turntable, rotation, hoop, speed, chuck,