All high performance turbocharged engines require a pressure release system. A major shortcoming of AMG’s potent M133 engine is the lack of a bypass valve. When increasing your vehicle's performance, the absence of such a valve can inevitably lead to compressor surge and accelerated damage to the turbo.
Weistec Anti-Surge Valve’s (ASV) sole purpose is to permanently prevent compressor surge and premature wear on your vehicle’s turbo system. The valve allows compressed air to be vented to the atmosphere instead of back flowing into the compressor housing. Continuous back flow of compressed air can lead be detrimental to key turbocharger components. Back flowing compressed air slows the turbocharger's impeller wheel, requiring it to "respool" when a throttle input is made.
Weistec ASV not only prolongs the life of your turbocharger, but also improves throttle response by sharpening spool-up times. Furthermore, the system produces the infamous and highly sought after “blow-off” sound. This upgrade is a must for those seeking a bolt-on simple upgrade or planning on further upgrading their AMG 45 vehicle in the future.
- 100% Bolt-On Solution *
- No Check Engine Light
- Easy 30 Minute Installation
- Increased Lifespan of Turbo
- CNC Machined Aluminum
- Hard Anodized to Military Spec
- Engineered and Manufactured in USA
* Later models feature an electronic bypass valve from Mercedes. This valve simply needs to be removed and relocated while remaining plugged in and the Weistec ASV will function perfectly as designed.
M133 ANTI SURGE VALVE
- Brand: WEISTEC
- Product Code: 01-133-01203-4
- Availability: In Stock